Welcome to the official website of Federal Government Girls’ College Calabar.
Available Online Resources Click Here to Learn at Home
Federal Government Girls’ College, Calabar is an all girls’ institution established in 1973 by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
The college is located in the centre of the peaceful and beautiful Calabar town of Cross River State Nigeria.
F.G.G.C. Calabar is a school that provides high quality standards of education in a supportive and friendly learning environment and has adequate facilities to meet both academic and recreational demands. The college has a proven track record of success in both academic and co-curricular activities.
The college teaches the Nigerian Curriculum (for Junior and Senior Secondary Schools in line with the diktats of the National Policy on Education) to young girls (ages 11-18) from different ethnicities, cultures and social classes.
We provide opportunities for students to develop their full, all-around potential through a rich academic programme combined with a variety of co-curricular activities.
Our educational programmes place significant emphasis on:
• The attainment of academic excellence
• Development of student confidence, initiative, independence, and leadership skills
• Development of the skills needed for life-long learning
• Individualized student support
• Constructive partnership with parents.
Specifically, Our Vision is to be a centre of excellence for the girl child; with a Mission to achieve Academic Excellence, Moral Uprightness and Self-Reliance in the students of the F.G.G.C Calabar.
* MRS. ATAKE ROLI M. ---------- DIRECTOR/PRINCIPAL
THE VICE PRINCIPALS
1. NDIDI ONYEMACHI (MRS) —— VICE PRINCIPAL (Student Affairs)
2. OGUNYEMI, A.O ------- VICE PRINCIPAL ACADEMICS (Senior School)
3. DR. (MRS.) AGBOR DIMIRI, N.C —— VICE-PRINCIPAL ACADEMICS (Junior School)
4. IKIP R. NDOMA-EGBA (MRS) —— VICE PRINCIPAL (Special Duties)